Sunday, March 21, 2010

May I suggest you stun the world?

I LOVE MR MAGORIUMS WONDER EMPORIUM.
It is one of the most happy, most fantastic, and most wonderfully magical movies ever made, and one of the most inspiring, too.


I am sitting in my cousin's dorm room, eating double stuffed oreos (thinking I'M feeling awfully double stuffed.) I am watching Molly Mahoney find herself and thinking I might need to do a bit of that for MYself.

What I need is the opportunity to prove to myself that I am something more than I believe.

"May I suggest you stun the world?"


I want to fall in love with a mutant and take over a magical toy store when the owner's shoes wear out.

And now, feel free to enjoy some of the best quotes from the movie:

Mr. Edward Magorium: I've hired an accountant.
Molly Mahoney: A what?
Mr. Edward Magorium: An accountant. According to the word, it must be a cross between a counter and a mutant and that may be precisely what we need.

Henry Weston: How can a store throw a temper tantrum?
Mr. Edward Magorium: It’s a magical toystore, it can do all sorts of things.

Mr. Edward Magorium: Your life is an occasion. Rise to it.

Molly Mahoney: Are you dying?
Mr. Edward Magorium: Light bulbs die, my sweet. I will depart.

Mr. Edward Magorium: Name the Fibonacci series from its eleventh to its sixteenth.
Henry Weston: Umm... 89, 144, 233, 377, 610?
Mr. Edward Magorium: Perfect. Number four, do we really need it?
Henry Weston: If you like squares - you do.
Mr. Edward Magorium: Oh, I like squares. Good. Now, the hot dog, the hot dog/bun ratio, why for the love of mustard are there never enough buns?
Henry Weston: Extra hot dogs...
Mr. Edward Magorium: Yes, but why?
Henry Weston: In case you drop a couple.
Mr. Edward Magorium: What kind of insufferable fool drops a hot dog?
Henry Weston: Anything can happen, sir.
Mr. Edward Magorium: Anything can happen. How absolutely true. You're exactly the mutant I'm looking for! You're hired.

Mr. Edward Magorium: Why are you lying?
Molly Mahoney: I have to.
Mr. Edward Magorium: But your pants will catch on fire...

Mr. Edward Magorium: 37 seconds.
Molly Mahoney: Great. Well done. Now we wait.
Mr. Edward Magorium: No. We breathe. We pulse. We regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. Our souls ingest. 37 seconds, well used, is a lifetime.

Mr. Edward Magorium: Mutant, have you come to take me up on my hula hoop challenge?

Doctor: What are you doing?
Mr. Edward Magorium: I'm practicing the euphonium.
Doctor: The what?
Mr. Edward Magorium: I'm thinking of giving a concert in the psyche ward tomorrow.

Mr. Edward Magorium: A stroke, you unbrookable ninny. The only stroke I have ever had is one of genius.

Mr. Edward Magorium: We must face tomorrow, whatever it may hold, with determination, joy and bravery

Mr. Edward Magorium: Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment