Sunday, January 29, 2012

Vanilla Banana Protein Shake!!


As a lot of you know, I have Gastroparesis which, among other things, means I sometimes struggle to get the nutrients I need in the foods I can tolerate. Because of this I drink a protein shake/smoothie almost every morning. Sometimes the recipes get boring, and today I tried a new one, that is SO simple! and it could just be my favorite new smoothie to make and drink!!! 


Vanilla Banana Protein ShakeOne large banana (you can freeze it ahead of time to use less ice, if you want)
1/2 light vanilla yogurt (or about that amount, i only had the individual yogurts on hand so i just put half in there)
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (i use soy)
1 1/2 tsp flax seed oil (less if you're using other oils as well)
1 Tbs honey
3/4 c. milk (skim, soy, almond, rice *vanilla flavor would be delish but i only had skim milk)
small handful of ice

blend and enjoy!!
I also think it would be good to ass a bit of cinnamon, but I didn't think of that in time! 

**Be sure to scrape the honey off the walls of the blending cup if it gets stuck, same with the yogurt or powder. I have an AWESOME blender now, but this is something I always had to worry about before! 
This shake is seriously SO good, you guys. and super easy on the stomach if you've got GP or another tummy issue!

##picture is not my own##

No comments:

Post a Comment